[CoLoCo] RPM on ubuntu

Kenneth D Weinert kenw at quarter-flash.com
Thu Mar 6 19:12:30 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 11:28 -0700, David Overcash wrote:
> Yeah, I would try to install the "rpm" package for starters...
>
> sudo aptitude install rpm

Well, what I was hoping for was a version of RPM that would use the
local apt repository - I definitely do not want to convert my box to use
RPMs and I don't want to install SSL twice, etc.

I can give installing the rpm command a try and see if it works, but
since I don't have a local RPM repository of what's been installed, I'm
not to confident.

I had even considered trying to find out what it returned/what the VPN
installer/checker was looking for and just writing a short C program to
return the right thing, since I know SSL is installed :)