[CoLoCo] RAID killed my box - aaaagh!

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Mar 5 17:56:10 GMT 2008

Refer to the old thread on "SATA RAID controller" for the back history.

I managed to get my RAID 1 setup working last night - at least it seemed to
rebuild/copy to the mirror drive. However, when I rebooted the computer
nothing happened. Well, grub loads and then the ubuntu splash screen shows,
but then it just hangs. Booting the recovery mode has the same effect. The
line it hangs on isn't the same each time but on a couple tries had
something to do with USB which doesn't make any sense to me. I did manage to
see some text scroll by referring to RAID and then later RAID again but
something about stopping. My guess is it's starting the RAID drives then
doesn't like something so unloads it causing the system to hang as it has
nothing to read - but that's just a guess.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions?

Thanks,
-jim