[CoLoCo] SATA RAID controller

TC telecon at infosyndicate.net
Wed Mar 5 01:14:34 GMT 2008

Ummm.  This indicates you are doing raid mirroring on one drive.

That won't save anything if you lose the drive.  Installing raid at
install can be tricky.

Can you send me an fdisk -l?

Jim Hutchinson wrote:

> I don't recall exactly how I created the raid setup. I used the
> alternate CD and set it up during install. It acted like it was working
> but I got concerned when the second drive always seemed empty.
>
> mdstat gives
>
> Personalities : [linear] [multipath] [raid0] [raid1] [raid6] [raid5]
> [raid4] [raid10]
> md1 : active raid1 sda2[0]
>       19534976 blocks [1/1] [U]
>
> md0 : active raid1 sda1[0]
>       291017344 blocks [1/1] [U]
>
> unused devices: <none>
>
> There should be three partitions. One large on for /home, one for / and
> a 2GB one for swap. I think that output is describing /home and / (by
> the sda1 and sda2 tags). I'm not sure when I would have a chance to go
> to a CLUE installfest. I'm not opposed to trying to get this working - I
> just don't know how. I also thought hardware raid would be a better way
> to go and maybe more reliable and less resource intensive.Screen Name: ccpquilt
Warning Level: 0
Online Since: Mon 03 Mar 2008 08:42:45 AM MST
Member Since: Mon 24 Oct 2005 02:06:17 PM MDT
Capabilities: Buddy Icon, AIM Direct IM, Chat, Send FileScreen Name:
ccpquilt
Warning Level: 0
Online Since: Mon 03 Mar 2008 08:42:45 AM MST
Member Since: Mon 24 Oct 2005 02:06:17 PM MDT
Capabilities: Buddy Icon, AIM Direct IM, Chat, Send File
Idle: 45 minutes
Idle: 45 minutes