[CoLoCo] TIE 2008

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 00:57:46 GMT 2008

Andrew wrote:
> As far as I can tell, libSDL is installed. I would think it would run.
If I could I would look right now to see exactly what SDL packages I
have but I can't.  I don't know what I did but I blew up my Gutsy
install really bad somehow.  I was trying to get the Geforce FX 5600
card working.  Its doing fine in Windows so it looks like my problem was
the power supply.  It was an old one after all.  I did have some SDL
problems myself with Abuse.  The game would run and the graphics would
display but I had no sound.  Anyway, I'm doing a massive defrag/reorder
of my hard drive with JKdefrag which will defrag and move my files all
towards one end of my drive consolidating all of my free space into one
spot.  After that I'll reinstall Gutsy with the Wubi 7.10 installer I
have.  My new machine will be here around the middle of the month, after
that I'll make this machine a 100% Ubuntu system.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home