[CoLoCo] Amazon MP3's

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 19:58:56 GMT 2008

One of the business I would get into if I had the money and/or the contacts
to do so, would be a better type of music service, one that would not only
leave artists control of their music (limited to short-term (1-2 years)
contracts), but offer all different forms of distributing them.  Music CD's,
MP3/WMA/OGG downloads, freely downloadable samples, etc, plus a larger share
of profits going to the artists.

I think it would attract artists, who will not only have more than one way
to get their music out to the fans, but also have the ability to take their
music (after their contracts expire) with them if they decide to leave.

*sighs* It's a nice pipe-dream. :)  Maybe after I win the powerball....

John Edwards

--
Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.