[CoLoCo] Edubuntu gaining popularity in schools

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Mar 3 17:33:08 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:07 AM, David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com>
wrote:

> While I don't do much of this anymore... the number one rule for a
> black-hat is to cover your tracks and remain unseen...  thus: Don't change
> the password.  ; )   ( Mitch++)
>
> Oh, and it'll piss off your school district.

Actually, they use network logins more often than not and also have their
own logins. If you blank the local admin they probably will never know. I've
never tried, but running a password cracker would probably take a very long
time, thus leading to be "seen". Blanking takes about a minute or so
(including boot time) and is really easy.

-jim