[CoLoCo] Linux games

Sun Mar 2 05:00:03 GMT 2008

I dramatically decreased the pain of gaming on Linux today, by building a 32-bit
machine.  I install the games on it, then tgz them, transfer them to my real box, and
untar them.  They run great, so far.  I have done this with Darwinia, Freespace, and
Railroad Tycoon II.  All games I couldn't get running to save my life.  Next I will try
Myth2 and a few other things.

Does anyone know how to prohibit a display resolution?  My machine seems to like
640x400, when the game requests 640x480.  This causes me to be unable to reach the
bottom of the screen and basically makes the game unplayable...  :-(

David L. Willson
Trainer/Engineer/Consultant
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
(720) 333-LANS