[CoLoCo] Firefox crashes

Collins Richey crichey at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 02:46:08 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Manfred Meiser <mamei at netzero.com> wrote:
> Firefox is crashing(shutting down)when logging on to "quest.com" when in Ubuntu at my computer at home. At work were I'm using Windows/Firefox navigating the complete quest website is not possible ether. There are no problem using MS-Internet explorer.
>
>  Any ideas??

1. Try invoking firefox from a terminal. Then, when you access the
problem site, maybe you'll see some of the error messages.

2. I've had a problem with all mozilla based browsers (swiftfox,
iceweasel, and SeaMonkey) for the past few weeks when accessing
www.howtoforge.com. There appears to be an open bug with mozilla, but
no one has fixed it yet. The symptoms of this one are:

The program 'firefox-bin' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 18740 error_code 11 request_code 53 minor_code 0)

HTH,

--
Collins Richey