[CoLoCo] Having troubles with Alice....

Richard Guenther richskyline at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 23:03:50 BST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Kevin Fries <kfries at cctus.com> wrote:

> Uh-Oh, Intel 965 chipset... Lots of miscellaneous issues.  Especially
> with that ICH8/9 Northbridge.  But when that is the cause, you would see
> system wide issues, not just with a Java display issue.
>
> You got me stumped on a specific cause.

Yes, it's *that* chipset :-).  Well, I think what I'll do is try Alice on as
many other computers as possible--especially on those I want to run in my
classroom.  Can't do that for a while, but that's my goal and I'm sticking
with it.

I really don't need Alice to work on this laptop, so I guess since
everything else is great I'll stop trying.  Or  I just won't use the
Socrates model and use the Evil Stepsister.... Ironically, the Penguin
renders perfectly, while many other animals do not!

Richard