[CoLoCo] Having troubles with Alice....

Andrew keen101 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 19:52:57 BST 2008

I tried Alice on my system, and it seems to run ok. I needed the java
runtime environment (jre) for my arduino (http://arduino.cc/), for which i'm
learning how to program in c. I couldn't get suns version of java to work
correctly with the arduino software, so i installed the "openjdk-6-jre"
packages. Worked great for my arduino software. So, since i already had that
installed i tried Alice. It looks fine on my system, and seems to be running
ok. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is when trying to play the
snowman example movie. It seems to want to play it in a higher resolution
than what my monitor supports. When maximised bigger than my screen it seems
to play. I also tryed the WinXP version, with the windows version of sun
java, and it runs about the same, but without the weird movie issue.

I suggest trying it with the "openjdk-6-jre" version of java, and seeing if
it works for you.

-Andrew