[CoLoCo] Having troubles with Alice....

Richard Guenther richskyline at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 01:04:41 BST 2008

Yeah, both Alice and Carnegie Melon are pretty pro-Linux. :-)  They even run
their own distro there on campus:

http://www.cmu.edu/computing/doc/os/linux.html

...and they're pretty active in Linux kernal development:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~rtmach/

Anyway, I forgot to mention that I turned all desktop effects off as a
precaution.  If I don't the Java message windows will often not work (just
gray boxes--no info) when I run awt or swing GUI creations.

I just wish I knew what happened when I screwed up the xorg.config and it
booted in a different mode, because then it rendered everything in Alice
perfectly--bunch of other things were screwed up, but not the graphics in
Alice.

Well, if all else fails, I'm spending a week in July at CM, so I guess I
could ask them in person....

Richard