[CoLoCo] OpenMoko BOULDER Group Order

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Jun 10 17:44:08 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 09:30:05AM -0600, TJ Heaney wrote:
> Looks like GSM seems to be the only thing that is supported at this point with
> the Neo 1973.
>
> They also state that in the future they may expand to other protocols.
>
> So basically, you have a SIM card, and you are good to go.

Yeah - so looks like e.g. the t-mobile prepaid would be a good
low-cost option for voice.

 http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Carriers/TMobile

But they don't offer data on the prepaid option.  I expect that data
access will be a thorny issue, relating to available plans, config,
charges, battery, etc.

 http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_GPRS

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/