[CoLoCo] New Firefox 3 Features

Michael "TheZorch" Haney thezorch at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 20:05:39 BST 2008

Neal McBurnett wrote:
> When I play that with swfdec, it has terrible static.  Is that true
> for anyone else?  How does it work with other free software like
> gnash?  I see no links to feed back to the author - where did you find
> the link?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Note that ff3 has been in hardy for months.   Nice stuff.
FF3 in Hardy is the Beta.  Anyway, I founnd the link on the social news
site Reddit.com.

It is similar to Digg.com.  Registered users can submit links to
articles on web pages, they appear on a list and users who read them can
vote them up or down, and the posts with the highest votes shows up on
the Front Page when you visit the website.  The biggest differences
between Reddit and Digg is that Digg has a system for identifying repeat
posts and lets you add a brief description of the web page and sometimes
select a thumbnail picture from the web page.  Reddit doesn't have these
features, the title and description of the article are on and the same
and there are no thumbnails to select.  On both sites, users who look at
your submitted articles, as I said, can vote it up or down and they can
also leave comments.  Comments left by users can be voted up or down
also, so that the comments with the highest votes appear first and the
comments with the lowest votes get buried beneath the rest.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com
http://thezorch.googlepages.com/home