[CoLoCo] XEN and QEMU

Ringo Kamens 2600denver at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 02:17:51 BST 2008

I am currently running the most recent ubuntu on AMD64 and I want to
run a virtual machine from within it using Xen or QEMU. I'm new to
this field, so I have a few questions. I looked at the wikipedia
entries for both of them but I don't exactly get how they are
different. If I'm going to be running a 64-bit virtual machine on a
64-bit processor, is there any which will be inherently better? How
about a 32-bit virtual machine on a 64-bit processor? Also, how does
networking work for these, ie does it just route through an interface
I configure on my host machine to forward traffic?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
Comrade Ringo Kamens