[CoLoCo] asus eee battery life

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Jul 31 20:29:28 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM, Joey Stanford <joey at canonical.com> wrote:

> I have a 900, which I like despite the keyboard and the slow speed,
> and it lasts about 3 hours on the standard battery running Ubuntu.

Only 3 hours? Is that with trying to get longer life or just running with
full screen brightness? Do you think Ubuntu gets poorer battery life over
the xandros os or is that just par for these? Does yours have the 6 cell?
The 900 doesn't have the atom cpu, right, so maybe the 901 will perform a
bit better (or maybe not).

You said you like it despite the keyboard; does the new model still have the
small, horrible keyboard or is it better than before? Is it close to normal
size? That is what I like about the HP. It's almost a normal size keyboard
and not too hard to type on.

Thanks for the info.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)