[CoLoCo] Launchy for Linux

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Mon Jul 28 21:22:10 BST 2008

I use the AWN out of the PPA and it works great, though it seems like it updates almost every blessed day.  The only problem I have had with this is that sometimes the plugins (you don't get the plugins with the "official" Ubuntu version) get updated and then the system does not realize that the new and old plugin are the same.  Probably once every 3 weeks or so, I have to remove my "Remember the milk" plugin and then add it back in again.

I love some of the plugins, especially RTM which allows me to keep my todo list online, with an easy access on all my desktops via the RTM plugin to AWN, and the iPhone web app from their site (you have to pay for that one).  Bottom line is that I can jot down things I need to do, and I always have it available on my phone.

Though I have not tried, I guess you can build your own plugins via a Python interface/API.

Kevin Fries