[CoLoCo] 1:1 laptops/tablets in Denver school.

Richard Guenther richskyline at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 16:00:05 BST 2008

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:44 PM, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org>wrote:

>  ....Anyway, I said lets use NeoOffice (open office for mac) and was told
> that wasn't possible because students NEED to learn MS Office....

That drives me nuts.  Open Office always seemed the best choice for me, and
some students do use it.  However, Google Docs has the ability to become
HUGE.  Our librarian is getting Google Apps for our school and pushing to
have all students registered and using Google Docs as their main office
suite.  That's pretty progressive.

I can't--to be honest--believe how much FOSS has gained over the last
year.... it all seems to be clicking at once.

Richard