[CoLoCo] Laptops for Africa

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 20:09:34 BST 2008

No worries about the money situation...  I'm in your place too  : )

They get power from a local power company, however the electricity often
goes out during the days and only comes on at night.  Most serious companies
either have large UPS solutions or purchase a special power plan from the
power company.

Solar cells are expensive, and at best one large 4 foot by 8 foot cell can
power a radio or light...  definitely out of their price range.

But cool ideas!
-David