[CoLoCo] "advanced" encryption?

Brandan E. Lloyd coloco-ubuntu at thelloyds.net
Sat Jul 12 02:50:26 BST 2008

Truecrypt [1] <http://www.truecrypt.org/> also has the ability to perform
whole drive encryption and use a file as the passphrase to access the
encrypted partition.  I'm not sure if it can be set up to meet your needs.

One idea for this might be to use this to secure virtual machines.

Another feature in the newest release of truecrypt is the feature to create
a hidden encrypted OS, form the Truecrypt website: "Ability to create and
run an encrypted hidden operating
system<http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/hidden-operating-system.php>whose
existence is impossible to prove (provided that certain guidelines are
followed).  For more information, see the section Hidden Operating
System<http://www.truecrypt.org/docs/hidden-operating-system.php>.
(*Windows Vista/XP/2008/2003*)"

1. http://www.truecrypt.org/