[CoLoCo] Ubuntu at Best Buy

Scott Scriven ubuntu-us-co at toykeeper.net
Wed Jul 9 13:39:43 BST 2008

* David Overcash <funnylookinhat at gmail.com> wrote:
> But...  it costs money.
>
> I'm gonna have to say we're one step FURTHER now...  ; )

Yeah, it's only $20.  It must not be very good.  I think I'll buy
Vista instead.  I mean, sure, it costs a lot more, but that's
because it's a *real* OS.

The retail price for Ubuntu really needs to be higher...  they
could sell a super-deluxe server edition for around $300
(including regular and "alternate" CDs for a few architectures),
and a home version for at least $100.  It would be the same as
what you can download, but people would think it's worth more.

-- Scott