[CoLoCo] one step process for dvd to ipod???

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Jul 3 21:53:07 BST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 2:00 PM, Jim Hutchinson <jim at ubuntu-rocks.org> wrote:

> Thanks. Trying vlc at the moment and will give handbrake a try too (thought
> that was only a mac app).

Okay, my first try with vlc was a failure. I ended up with a 3GB file that
didn't even play. I didn't try the batch script as it was not a linux script
but I used a how to (
http://jdbausch.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-to-convert-dvd-to-ipod-with-vlc.html)
that walked me through the settings. No luck. I'll try handbrake next. It
seems there is a ipod preset. Anyone have any idea what the right syntax is?
Seems a lot of options to get wrong.

Thanks.

--
Jim (Ubuntu geek extraordinaire)