[CoLoCo] Ubucon???

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Thu Jul 3 16:03:38 BST 2008

On Wed, Jul 02, 2008 at 09:05:06PM -0600, NICK VERBECK wrote:
> Who all would think it fun to host a Ubucon again this summer? I feel
> like it would be kind of fun to try and organize another one again.
> After the last one was so fun. Might even be a cool idea to make it a
> regular thing to do once a year as well. So we can schedule other
> people to come, join, and speak.
>
> If you think this would be fun reply back. As well as if you would
> like to speak or do a presentation at it reply back with that info and
> I will work out a schedule as well for it.

For reference, our first Ubucon was last year at Google:

 http://coloco.ubuntu-rocks.org/2007/06/04/ubucon-boulder-it-isnt-hard-to-run-an-ubuntu-conference/

It was very easy to organize since it was an "unconference" like a
FOSScamp or barcamp - we didn't sign up speakers ahead of time.  We
just asked attendees what they were interested in talking about, and
created the schedule on the fly.  That is also how the FOSScamp
sponsored by Canonical in Prague was run.

I'd suggest after the DNC (August 25-28) is all over, after the CU
students return, perhaps in early September - Sat Sept 13th?  I'd
suggest doing it again at Google - at their cool new location near
Pearl and Folsom in Boulder.  They were very helpful last time.

Since we'll have more space this time I'd also suggest inviting folks
more widely, including local LUGs, the Hacking Society folks, folks
from local universities, etc.

> p.s. Neal I will need some info from you on who you talked to and what
> you had to do to organize this whole thing.

All that is in the posting from the last one.  Leslie Hawthorne's
contact info is online:
 http://www.blogger.com/profile/14561538213210452406

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/