[CoLoCo] [probably off topic] Linux beats mac - again

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Thu Jan 31 16:28:55 GMT 2008

Preaching to the choir I suppose, but I was given a simple task today
- copy an unencrypted DVD. We have a several iMacs here so I figured
it would be easy. It wasn't. I don't know how to use macs very well
but they are supposed to be idiot proof. I put in the DVD and select
copy. I get error code -153 or something. Each try produces an error.
Giving up, I boot my ubuntu laptop, insert DVD, right click copy and
bingo. No problems. So I ask, which is the idiot proof OS? As much as
I try to like them, I hate macs. I'm trying to learn Final Cut so
maybe I'll change my mind later. I will say I don't know of anything
like Final Cut for Linux. Anyone? I know about Cinelera (?) but never
heard it was very user friendly.

-jim