[CoLoCo] [off topic] need advice on building computer

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Wed Jan 30 01:18:48 GMT 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 3:48 PM, David L. Willson <DLWillson at thegeek.nu> wrote:
> Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if Linux users won't game on Linux,
> nobody will, and there will be no reason for game developers to develop
> for Linux.

Very valid points David. The system in question is for a high school
student. He isn't overly tech savvy but my hope is to give him both XP
and Ubuntu and then show him all the cool games in Linux. Hopefully he
will spend time booting Ubuntu to play them and become a fan but he
would still have XP. Few people can make an all or nothing switch. It
took me almost 2 years to fully dump windows and I am one of the
bigger zealots. Granted after the first month I used windows for about
a total of 2 hours.

-jim