[CoLoCo] [off topic] need advice on building computer

Tue Jan 29 22:48:32 GMT 2008

While it is correct that no OS plays all the games, it isn't necessarily
true that every gaming PC should run the OS that runs more of the games
than any other.  Shouldn't we at least play the games that play on our
OS, on our OS?  Moreover, shouldn't we give preference to the developers
of those games that actually maintain playability on our chosen
platform?  If we don't reward them, nobody will, and the flow of games
for our platform will stop, and our hope for winning the desktop will be
diminished.

There are more vendors than you think making games for Linux.  Just
because it doesn't play more games than Windows doesn't mean it doesn't
play enough games.  You don't have enough time to play all the games,
anyway.  Gaming on Linux, in my experience, turns out to be not very
restrictive.  There are lots of games, many of which don't suck, and
I've learned a ton getting them going.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but if Linux users won't game on Linux,
nobody will, and there will be no reason for game developers to develop
for Linux.