[CoLoCo] [off topic] need advice on building computer

simon engelbert simonengelbert at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 21:45:29 GMT 2008

"I don't see why Dell can't offer Ubuntu on anything or at least an option for no OS. Personally, I find that one reason not to buy from Dell. All the crapware and their deals with ms are one of the reasons they can offer these fairly cheap."

Hopefully soon Dell will be offering Ubuntu or no OS on every computer. This is one of the more popular ideas on Dell's Ideastorm.  Here is the URL for that idea -

http://www.ideastorm.com/article/show/73206/Make_Linux_and_no_Operating_system_standard_options_on_all_future_products_

Dell's Ideastorm is a great site and a really cool way to voice your thoughts or ideas to Dell. If others like your idea they promote it up and then Dell decides on whether or not to make the change. This is one of the reasons I really like Dell, they listen to what their customers want!

Simon

However, those all-in-one systems are cool. Kind of like an iMac but
not. Too bad they come with windows. I don't see why Dell can't offer
Ubuntu on anything or at least an option for no OS. Personally, I find
that one reason not to buy from Dell. All the crapware and their deals
with ms are one of the reasons they can offer these fairly cheap.

@Paul, yeah the PSU seems to be an issue. I configure this with a case
only and a nice (as far as I can tell) seasonic PSU. For a bit more
they have a sweet modular one.

-jim

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: