[CoLoCo] FW: Ubuntu help

Kevin Fries kfries at cctus.com
Fri Jan 25 19:18:16 GMT 2008

We just recently installed Geubuntu here just a few days ago, and so far
we are quite impressed.  However, the desktop is extremely different
from all the others.  Enlightenment is one of those environments I have
wanted to like, so badly, for quite some time, but just never quite
warmed up to.  This implementation is the best attempt I have seen.  For
a low end machine you are rescuing for a Windows convert... I would not
recommend it xubuntu will feel more familiar to them.  But for someone
quite artistic, or not fixed into the "if it doesn't work like Windows
does, its just difficult to use" mentality, E17 can be a fun ride, and
on surprisingly little hardware.

--
Kevin Fries
Senior Linux Engineer