[CoLoCo] Hasta la vista!?

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 22:43:59 GMT 2008

Personally, I think this paragraph says it all:

Caution: If you install this on any mission-critical machinery you are quite
simply mad. We are contacting the authorities. The nice men arriving shortly
will make sure the voices go away forever. If you are among "individuals,
organizations, and technical enthusiasts who are comfortable evaluating
pre-release software," you can continue. And may God have mercy on your
soul.

Plus there is mention of having to uninstall any previous RC of the service
pack. This might be a good thing to do on a test machine, one that can be
reloaded from an image file after you've finished fooling around with it,
but that's about it.

Personally, I'm planning on waiting at least 3, possibly 6 months before
installing the service pack after they officially release it.   I still
remember what happened with SP1 for XP.  As it is, my Vista box runs
wonderfully, and I see no reason to screw with it.

John Edwards

On Jan 24, 2008 12:03 PM, Manfred Meiser <mamei at netzero.com> wrote:

> Or apt-get the vista way!
>
> Just a little humorous reading besides all the political stuff.
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/14/windows_sp1_rc_refresh_open/

Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.
Charlie Stross.