[CoLoCo] Time Tracking software?

Chomafin chomafin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:24:36 GMT 2008

I'm looking for an open Time card application for Linux.

Currently I help out at the Longmont Humane
Society<http://www.longmonthumane.org>,
and recently they've asked about getting an electronic time keeping setup.
Basically something that can keep track of the various volunteer groups.
Currently we use a binder that has your name at the top, then will have a
table with the date, start time, end time, the group you are helping, and
duration. This is all written by hand, then at the end of the year they go
through and total the hours by hand, and compile the info in various
grants/proposals.  This is obviously quite time consuming.
What they would like to do is set up a computer that can total this
information for them.  Unfortunately I am not a programmer, but I'm sure
something is out there anyway. I've looked at
eGroupware<http://www.egroupware.org/>some, but I'm not sure if this
is overcomplicated for what is needed. What
would be nice is to have a 2 part system.  First one that has the schedules
of all the volunteers, and the various group they are working with for that
day.  The other part would be to have a sign-in sheet for that day.  So that
the it can be quickly checked to see how many people are in for that
particular day.
Has anyone needed a similar software?