[CoLoCo] Fwd: ubuntu/touchscreen

NICK VERBECK nerdynick at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:08:14 GMT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <ssepan at gmail.com>
Date: Jan 14, 2008 7:31 AM
Subject: ubuntu/touchscreen
To: coloco-owner at googlegroups.com

Hi. I tried to reply on the subject of touchscreens, but I apparently
need to join to do so.

I just wanted to pass along some info -- there are just a handful of
messages out there about how to get touchscreens working on specific
devices. For example, these ones on the subject of the Samsung Q1
(origami/umpc):

http://origamiproject.com/forums/thread/19476.aspx
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2512327#post2512327

I installed Kubuntu 7.10 (alternate install) on my Samsung Q1
yesterday. With their help, I was able to install the touchscreen
driver and see that it was indeed picking up touch input. (I will be
working on the calibration steps tonight.)

It would be nice to see more built-in support. Until then, as always,
the user community steps up and delivers... (thanks to 'wmadan',
'Quicksand' and others ) :-)

Steve Sepan
Denver, CO

--