[CoLoCo] Ubuntu help

simon engelbert simonengelbert at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 20:48:54 GMT 2008

I had a similar problem with one of my fairly old machines. I had no luck with the Live CD and not much more success with the Alternate CD. If I remember correctly the issue was that my machine either did not have enough RAM or barely met the requirements to install Ubuntu. I ended up downloading the Xubuntu distro (which requires less RAM, 64 MB if I remember correctly) and that loaded up just fine on the machine.

So like Mitch says I would try the Alternate Installation CD first and if that doesn't work you could try the Xubuntu distro

-Simon