[CoLoCo] Rant: Lexmark Printers

TheZorch thezorch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 09:19:08 GMT 2008

W S wrote:
> Anyone have a Lexmark printer?  My parents do, unfortunately, and I'm
> flustered that I can't even download drivers for their printer with
> Firefox on Ubuntu from their website (even after disabling NoScript,
> and AdBlock).
>
> Horrible printers, and their website sucks.
>
> Just a word of warning about Lexmark in general.  Ugh! :)
>
> Will

Lexmark printers in general should be avoided like the Plague.  Often
the cheaper models forgo the on-board functionality and does most of its
processing in software on the PC side.  You know you have one of these
printers when its print head slows down when your computer is really busy.

HP printers are good and so are Canon.  Also, a lot of HP drivers work
with Linux.

--
Michael "TheZorch" Haney
thezorch at gmail.com