[CoLoCo] I Love Ubuntu!

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Jan 7 18:04:27 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 09:53:16AM -0700, David L. Willson wrote:
> Hm.  I've never had a problem with flash on x32.
>
> Might want to try removing all flash players and re-installing just one.
>
> Find and remove all flash players:
>         dpkg -l | grep flash
>         sudo apt-get remove (each package returned by last command)
>
> Install only the nonfree (because gnash doesn't work for you, at this
> time).
>         sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

If you haven't done this recently, you're in for a surprise.  The
package that used to install Adobe flash properly doesn't work due to
Adobe changes which beyond the control of Ubuntu.  It is very messy.

Read more here:

 https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/173890

And remember, launchpad is generally your best source for
authoritative information.  It is worth searching, and links to bugs
on launchpad are worth posting for many of the conversations we have.
Please report bugs via launchpad, don't just talk about them in mail
lists and forums.  There is no way for developers to follow all the
conversations that happen outside launchpad.

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/