[CoLoCo] give one get one

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Mon Jan 7 06:28:37 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 11:33:11PM -0700, Neal McBurnett wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 07:59:24PM -0700, Jim Hutchinson wrote:
> > We have all heard about. Now go get and give.
> >
> > http://www.laptopgiving.org/en/index.php
>
> Thanks, Jim - right on!  I ordered mine....  I saw these in Boston
> also.  Having several of them together is great fun for
> networking.....

I got mine the other day - great fun, and a real hit with my friends.

We're planning a Boulder LUG meeting on them, perhaps Feb 14th.

> You can also emulate these puppys via qemu....

And see also how to run much of the code on top of gutsy via a PPA:

 http://janimo.blogspot.com/2007/11/try-sugar-xo-laptops-interface.html

Learn more at

 http://laptop.org/

-Neal