No subject

Sun Feb 10 21:45:11 GMT 2008

every 60 seconds, check the configuration database for changes and execute
jobs as needed. Job execution would consist of checking the jobs
credentials ( if run as X, fork, lock records to job handler PID, descend
privileges to specified user, chdir to script path, wrap the job in a
subprocess, respond to job events as needed ( stderr, ! zero return,
excessive run time, etc ).

 My question is, anyone see a better way, or a OSS project out there that
could do the above for me... even a beta project written in python or c++
could be workable by me. If you haven't noticed the varying levels of
sarcasm, I'm somewhat stretched thin right now.

 Thanks,
 David