No subject

Sun Feb 10 21:45:11 GMT 2008

What are the technical specifications of MP3 Music Download files?

Here's more information about music files from the Amazon MP3 Music
Downloads store:

   - *Bit Rate:* Where possible, we encode our MP3 files using variable
   bit rates for maximum audio quality and smaller file sizes, aiming at an
   average of 256 kilobits per second (kbps). Using a variable bit rate allows
   us to allocate a higher bit rate to the more complex sections of music files
   while using a smaller bit rate for the less complex sections. The average of
   these rates is then calculated to produce an average bit rate for the entire
   file that represents the overall sound quality. Some of our content is
   encoded using a constant bit rate of 256 kbps. This content will have the
   same excellent audio quality at a slightly larger file size.

   - *File Size:* A typical 3-minute song takes up approximately 5MB of
   storage space.

   - *Download Times:* A single MP3 file 5MB in size will download in
   less than one minute on a typical broad-band Internet connection. A similar
   download on a 56k dial-up connection can take up to 30 minutes.

   - *Album Cover Art:* Album cover art is included with each song you
   download.

------=_Part_23287_23228364.1204571013880

variable bit rates for maximum audio quality and smaller file sizes,
aiming at an average of 256 kilobits per second (kbps). Using a
variable bit rate allows us to allocate a higher bit rate to the more
complex sections of music files while using a smaller bit rate for the
less complex sections. The average of these rates is then calculated to
produce an average bit rate for the entire file that represents the
overall sound quality. Some of our content is encoded using a constant
bit rate of 256 kbps. This content will have the same excellent audio
quality at a slightly larger file size.<br><br>
download in less than one minute on a typical broad-band Internet
connection. A similar download on a 56k dial-up connection can take up
to 30 minutes.<br><br>

------=_Part_23287_23228364.1204571013880--