No subject

Sun Feb 10 21:45:11 GMT 2008

that is why many have looked to replace it with Ubuntu or Xubuntu. I
personally don't have any experience with it but think that I would most
likely end up replacing the OS too

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 9:30 AM, TheZorch <thezorch at gmail.com> wrote:

>  siblog wrote:
>
> Interesting, now that I have read a little bit more about the Cloudbook
> and the Rocket release of the gOS it appears that it this specific release
> is based on the GNOME desktop environment.
>
> So they moved from Enlightenment to Gnome with gOS Rocket?  I thought they
> were still using Enlightenment.  If anything I'd think they'd use Xfce since
> its lower on the system resources than full-blown Gnome.
>

> I want to pick up either the Asus Eee PC or the Cloudbook and can't seem
> to decide if I want speed or storage. The Eee PC seems to be working
> flawlessly and has a solid state drive, but the storage is minimal and I
> don't like the sounds of the Xandros OS from what I have been reading. The
> Cloudbook on the other hand seems to be slow and is a little rough around
> the edges with some wireless and other OS issues. The upside is that the OS
> is Ubuntu based and the storage is twice the size. I can't decide at this
> point
>
> From what I hear both are selling rather briskly.  Briskly enough that
> they are giving Sony fits.  They fear that the Eee PC and others like it
> will set a new trend in Ultra-portable notebooks forcing all others to start
> releasing similar products at reduced prices ... basically they're terrified
> of the competition they are getting from a relative newcomer in the notebook
> market.  How much slower is the Cloudbook as compared to the Eee PC?
>
> What is it about Xandros you don't like?  I know next to nothing about it
> except that its design for multimedia.
>
> --
> Michael "TheZorch" Haneythezorch at gmail.comhttp://thezorch.googlepages.com/home
> AIM: thezorch at gmail.com
> Yahoo IM: zorchhaney
> ICQ: 343230252
> GoogleTalk: thezorch
> MSN Messeger: haneymichael at hotmail.com:

------=_Part_683_22634098.1204305064275

So they moved from Enlightenment to Gnome with gOS Rocket?&nbsp; I thought
they were still using Enlightenment.&nbsp; If anything I&#39;d think they&#39;d use

siblog wrote:
the Cloudbook and the Rocket release of the gOS it appears that it this
specific release is based on the GNOME desktop environment.<br>
So they moved from Enlightenment to Gnome with gOS Rocket?&nbsp; I thought
they were still using Enlightenment.&nbsp; If anything I&#39;d think they&#39;d use
Xfce since its lower on the system resources than full-blown Gnome.<div class="Ih2E3d"><br>
I want to pick up either the Asus Eee PC or the Cloudbook and can&#39;t
seem to decide if I want speed or storage. The Eee PC seems to be
working flawlessly and has a solid state drive, but the storage is
minimal and I don&#39;t like the sounds of the Xandros OS from what I have
been reading. The Cloudbook on the other hand seems to be slow and is a
little rough around the edges with some wireless and other OS issues.
The upside is that the OS is Ubuntu based and the storage is twice the
size. I can&#39;t decide at this point</blockquote></div>