[CoLoCo] Comm Test

siblog tehsiblog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 17:11:04 GMT 2008

> So they moved from Enlightenment to Gnome with gOS Rocket?  I thought they
> were still using Enlightenment.  If anything I'd think they'd use Xfce since
> its lower on the system resources than full-blown Gnome.

Ya according to Wikipedia and some stuff I have read here and there, the new
release of Rocket v2 is in fact using GNOME. This new version will be used
by the CloudBook, the gBook laptop, and the gPC mini.

How much slower is the Cloudbook as compared to the Eee PC?

In terms of speed the Eee PC can boot within 20 seconds because of the solid
state drive, while the Cloudbook is being clocked anywhere from 1 minute 30
seconds to 3 minutes. I would think that the speed once booted is fairly
similar but I am not quite sure. The boot speed is not the most important
option on the computers but it still is pretty important since it is
designed to be a ultraportable machine.

What is it about Xandros you don't like?