[CoLoCo] researchers cracked Microsoft's BitLocker, Apple's FileVault and Linux's dm-crypt

Walter Lamia walterlamia at buildingcoach.com
Thu Feb 28 21:43:03 GMT 2008

Actually, that's not exactly true. Encryption with a "one-time pad" in
which the key length is the same length as the plaintext is a perfect
cypher, because ANY decrypted text of the same length is equally likely
to be correct. The problem, of course, is that this is impractical for
almost all computer uses.

--
Best regards,
Walter Lamia  <walterlamia at buildingcoach.com>