[CoLoCo] TIE 2008

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Tue Feb 26 15:53:02 GMT 2008

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 10:30:45AM -0500, TheZorch wrote:
> Did anyone take a look at my suggestion to demo "Phun" at TIE.  I found this by
> accident last night.  Is a simple Whiteboard program but it does so much.  It
> has a physics engine, lets you animate objects, turn objects into water with
> gravity effects and so much more.
>
> Student could use Phun to learn about locomotion and basic physics.  Its also
> fun to draw shapes, give them special properties, then do all kinds of amazing
> things with it.  Phun's drawing system is very intuitive making it easy to
> build elaborate structures and objects with great ease.  I can easily see
> students of all ages using this in science class to make Rube Goldberg machines
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg).  I saw this program last night,
> thought about Technology In Education, and knew I had to tell you all about
> it.
>
> http://www.acc.umu.se/~emilk/

Yeah, thanks!  The video you pointed to at

 http://www.linuxgames.com/archives/10007

is pure fascinating, engaging pleasure.

I hope he releases it under an open source license....

Did anyone try out etoys?  It has race cars, particle simulations,
flexible graphical programming, etc.

 http://blog.blobworks.com/2008/02/20/squeak-on-lab-with-leo/
 http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys

Neal McBurnett                 http://mcburnett.org/neal/