[CoLoCo] Executable files?

John Edwards eric.the.grey at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 23:14:58 GMT 2008

Ok, let me try this again...

I have a few text files I use on a regular basis, and every time I open them
up, I'm warned that they are "executable text files" and the system asks me
what I want to do with them, "Run in terminal, Display, cancel and run"  Up
until now, I've figured it had something to do with the way Windows created
or formatted the file.

Today, I got the exact same prompt for an RTF file, created by Open Office.
How can these be executable files, and is there a way to tell the system to
simply open them up with the appropriate application without prompting me
every time?

There are two options to open these with under the files prperties (the RTF
file), one being Open Office, the other being the text editor.

I might also add that these files are being stored on the windows partition
of the hard drive, and not the Ubuntu partition.  Would that make a
difference?

John Edwards
--
Rule #1 of working in any creative field in the 21st century should be: Your
Fans Are Not The Enemy.