[CoLoCo] Idea: CD Booth at Bookstore

siblog tehsiblog at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 17:51:11 GMT 2008

After looking through what the other LoCo teams are doing I noticed that the
Georgia (I think) team had a CD stand at a local bookstore. I thought that
this was a great idea for spreading Ubuntu. We could bring a bunch of CDs
and a laptop or two and let people play around with the various live discs
(Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu) to get a look and feel. They could even do an
install or two if they really wanted to. I know around my area there are
several Bookstores that might be of interest......and I wouldn't mind
heading it up or organizing it

Here are some local bookstores off the top of my head-

-SoftPro - Tech audience but I am not sure how much traffic we would get
-Barnes and Nobles - Good traffic
-Borders - Good traffic

Anyways, just an idea. Thoughts?