[CoLoCo] Semi-OT: Looking for code

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Fri Feb 22 16:25:41 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM, TJ Heaney <tjheaney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey all.
>
> I am building a site with the express purpose of being a resource for
> developers and students to locate and donate code to be shared with others.
>
> This idea was brought on by our discussion on (P)RNGs, and how it would be
> very useful for a person to just find the code they are looking for without
> having to stumble through adds or anything like that.
>
> Currently, I am still setting up the site, so it is not functional at this
> time. But, please, if you have code you would like to donate, feel free to
> e-mail me off-list. No language is going to be turned away.

This seems like a great idea. My suggestion would be to set up a page on the
ubuntu wiki. Yes, it could be "vandalized" but I don't think that has been
an issue and you would get an email of changes so it could be fix. At least
this would be a good way to start. It would take very little effort to copy
and paste some code with a description of what it does. Others may
contribute too and in time it could all be migrated to a dedicated site.

-jim