[CoLoCo] Random Number Generators

TJ Heaney tjheaney at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:12:50 GMT 2008

(Sent the source off-list)

As far as "More Random" the problem with Pseudo Random Number Generators is
just that, they are "Pseudo" - Because they are based upon a seed number,
they don't truly generate a random number.

Basically, a seeded number is a starting point

Example of seeded PRNG:

S = 1

MCW = Magical Cloud of Wonder where the randomizing occurs

N = result

Example or a Real RNG:

(MCW) ---> N

As you can see it does not have a point of reference, it just grabs a number
out of thin air.

And if this information is not accurate, somebody please clarify for me!

TJ