[CoLoCo] dice rolls in C

TJ Heaney tjheaney at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 20:56:17 GMT 2008

Most of my insight comes from the gamer point of view.

I've noticed that some gamers tend to hit a cluster of numbers more often
than any other, again, it's not really a proven thing, just a tendency
observation, no real data to back it up.

These clusters don't always fit with the bell curve I am anticipating, for
example, some times I've been "hot on the dice" and rolling nothing but
17-20s for a session, then other times nothing but crap on the dice. More of
a weird phenomenon than anything.

I recall talking with a friend about setting up an experiment using gamers
and non-gamers, wherein the purpose is to determine if one type of person is
able to influence the outcome of a roll versus another, basically taking
gamers and non-gamers, and have them roll a die X amounts of times, being
told that they want to try for a certain number (for example a natural 20).

That's all I remember of it really, it was like 3 AM when we talked about
it, so my memory is fuzzy.