[CoLoCo] anyone understand the various Intel CPUs?

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 01:16:25 GMT 2008

Ahhh Ok.   : )

Well the best way for me to sum up memory and FSB speeds is this:  Dual
Channel Memory gets you no real gain in performance but greatly increases
cost.  The main differences between the "conroe" and "allendale" chipsets
and cores is FSB speeds and supported memory speeds.  But as to differences
between the two, they are fairly nominal.  I have yet to see a great
difference in performance between a 1333 Mhz FSB board/chip and a 1066 Mhz
one...  nor have I seen any difference between Dual Channel RAM and regular
DDR ram.

Hope that helps.  : )

-David