[CoLoCo] anyone understand the various Intel CPUs?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Sat Feb 9 01:03:46 GMT 2008

Thanks for the feedback but I don't think I clearly explained my
question. I know how to build a computer and how to select components.
I pretty well understand the various CPUs. I just don't get the
differences between the conroe, allendale cores. It seems some have
1333 FSB and some a 1066. The PC6400 memory is 800 mhz. There don't
seem to be any clear stand outs with 1333 motherboards but I'm
guessing it's the latest so most future proof and upgradeable.
Allendale seem the newer model but are cheaper than the conroe. Maybe
that's to be expected. Now there is also the 45nm architecture which
is the newest of the new. Mainly I'm just slightly confused about the
various FSB speeds and how that impacts which memory to choose and why
none of the memory matches the FSB speeds.

I love my AMD, but I think David's right about Intel being on top right now.

Thank again.
-jim