[CoLoCo] [off-topic] Microsoft to buy Yahoo

simon engelbert simonengelbert at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 02:32:41 GMT 2008

Unless I missed something today I don't think that the bid has been accepted. I am not convinced yet that Yahoo is really going to let Microsoft buy them. We all know that a bid has been placed but that doesn't mean that Yahoo will accept, infact I have heard that many feel that Yahoo is worth more than that. Google also released published an official statement on the topic via their blog asking Yahoo and others to really think about this transaction and what it means for the future of innovation on the internet (http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/yahoo-and-future-of-internet.html). I also heard that Yahoo was thinking about joining in alliance with Google against the bid from Microsoft (http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSN0362915520080204). At this point I don't know what is going to happen but I sure hope that Yahoo listens to Google

Simon