[CoLoCo] Text based installer for Edubuntu?

Jim Hutchinson jim at ubuntu-rocks.org
Mon Feb 4 22:24:12 GMT 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 2:14 PM, simon engelbert <simonengelbert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Thanks! The computers that I am loading this up on can't seem to handle the
> Edubuntu Live CD so installing Ubuntu via the text based installer and then
> downloading the meta-packages might be my best bet.
>
> Simon

There is a text based installer for edubuntu but it installs the
server version not desktop. There may be an option to install the
desktop version but I don't know. Of course you can install
edubuntu-desktop afterwards but I think you will still have the server
packages so you might want to remove them. There is very little
difference between the edubuntu and ubuntu desktop version. It's most
just theme differences and maybe a few packages. Using the ubuntu
alternate CD to install the ubuntu deskto and then adding
edubuntu-desktop would be an option.

-jim