[CoLoCo] ubuntu and science fairs

David Overcash funnylookinhat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:33:07 GMT 2008

Jim,
I actually got First in region and state doing a comparison of programming
languages...

If you can teach them simple programming to find something that takes a lot
of iterations (i.e. the 10th prime number) by brute force with two languages
that are very different (say C and Python) then run the program on linux vs.
windows, you'd have some nice sample data to evaluate and present on.

Computer Science is a very impressive topic as most kids still seem to do
the whole plants with or without fertilizer thing.

-David